RIDE THE OZARKS
On road or off road, you’ll soon find out why the Ozarks is a favorite place to ride.
Several highways close to West Plains are favorites for motorcycle riding. Curvy, hilly, and exhilarating, riders are in awe as the scenery flies by.
- Popular highways and state roads for motorcycles include:
- Highway 160 West out of West Plains
- Highway 160 East out of West Plains
- Highway 14 West just north of West Plains
- CC Highway West out of West Plains
- Highway 17 North just east of West Plains
- P Highway to AP Highway North from Pomona
- Highway 19 North from Alton
- Highway 181 North or South from Twin Bridges
- Highway 137 from Willow Springs
- Highway 106 East from Summersville
Please note that a few of the destinations are on dirt or gravel roads. If “County Road” is in the directions, that will usually indicate a dirt or gravel road.
To learn more about where to ride ATVs on public land, visit
or stop by the Ozark Heritage Welcome Center to pick up a copy.
There are several private properties with memberships or day fees available, too.