405 Worcester Ave.
The Harlin Museum of West Plains, MO will be hosting its 2023 Ozarks-Themed Multimedia Art Show, Our Ozarks In Art, and is calling for artist submissions from throughout the region.
This multimedia show is designed to showcase the works of all types of artists. Categories may include but are not limited to:
– PAINTINGS (oil, acrylic, gouache, watercolor, etc.)
– DRAWINGS (pastels, graphite, charcoal, pen & ink, colored pencil, etc.)
– SCULPTURE (wood, clay, ceramic, metal, paper mâché, etc.)
– PHOTOGRAPHY (nature, landscape, astrophotography, pet photography, macro, aerial, drone photography, architecture, portrait, still life, black & white, abstract, etc.)
– PAPERCRAFT (collage, quilling, etc.)
– MIXED MEDIA (any combination of 2 or more mediums)
– MODELS (kits, original design, etc.)
Entries will need to meet the established guidelines for acceptance into the show, which can be found on the museum’s website harlinmuseum.com. The show’s final categories and any prizes to be awarded will be determined by the actual entries received.
Entry dates for submissions will be Friday, September 1, and Saturday, September 2. Entries will be taken both days, between the hours of 12-4 pm each day, at the Harlin Museum, which is located at 405 Worcester. The show will be on display to the public in the museum’s Hathcock Gallery, beginning September 8 and running through October 1.
Entry fees are $5 per entry, with a cost break at five entries; for $20.00, you’ll get four entries, plus one for free.
Entries will be evaluated for artistic quality, integrity, technique, and presentation, as well as how skillfully they represent the Ozarks by artistically conveying this year’s theme, Ozark Landmarks.
Those who are interested in entering the competition can find entry guidelines and other pertinent information on the museum’s website by clicking here on GUIDELINES or by stopping in at the museum and grabbing one of the flyers that are available in the museum’s lobby. Entry forms for submissions may be filled out ahead of time online by clicking HERE. Any questions regarding eligibility or other inquiries can be emailed to the museum at or you may contact the museum directly at (417) 256-7801.